- Remember that Aeon users (and authors) are real people. Treat them with respect.
- Be clear and concise, and keep your responses on topic. Comments that are off-topic may be removed.
- Be generous and constructive.
- Aim to add new ideas and arguments instead of repeating what has already been said. If you agree with something someone else has said, why not upvote it?
- Give us feedback. If something isn’t working, or could be working better, we want to know about it.
- Use hate speech. We encourage bold, potentially unpopular opinions, but attacking others or posting offensive comments on the basis of race, sex, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition is not allowed.
- Personally attack another user. If you bully, harass or threaten a fellow Aeon user you will be banned from the site.
- Be mean-spirited, nonsensical, antagonistic, or intimidating in tone or language. The purpose of these threads is to encourage debate, not hinder it.
- Post graphic or offensive content. Violent and/or pornographic images are prohibited.
- Post a user’s personal information that he or she does not wish to be on the site.
- Post advertisements or self-promotional material.
- Share intellectual property that is not yours. Make sure you have the rights to anything you post. Don’t phish or spam, either. More generally, please don’t use Aeon for any illegal purpose.
- Assume another person’s identity, however alluring it may be.
Aeon reserves the right to delete or edit user content, or to suspend or ban indefinitely any user who contravenes these guidelines.